Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Dream poker

I haven't remembered a dream in quite a while. I can remember remembering them, though :-) One dream I remember remembering must have occurred about 4 or 5 years ago. As I thought about it afterwards, I realized it had been a dream about poker. Like all dreams, this one had distorted reality for its own unknown purposes, but there was an underlying reality there all the same. How realistic can a dream about poker be if it doesn't include playing cards? As it turns out, quite realistic. Every poker player who's played long enough knows what it feels like to be running hot. In this dream, I was running hot. I could do no wrong. I knew I had this special skill, and the skill was working like a charm. I was sitting at a table, with other people. We were competing by doing something with our hands, but there were no cards. I remember this feeling of euphoria, and rightness; I remember feeling I was doing what I was born to do. I wasn't prideful in the dream; I didn't think the skill was something I could take credit for. All I knew was that I had it, and it felt so good and right to use it. I imagine that's how I'll feel the first time I win an MTT.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

  4500       500           6        40    61        0
  9000      1000           6         9    78        0
  4500       500           6        53    24        0
  4500       500           6        70    12     7350


delta: $-17,650
MTT 8-game balance: $-23,730
balance: $9,471,300

No comments:

Post a Comment