Friday, January 31, 2014

Solid and unspectacular

Looking at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of last night's session, nothing really stands out. I played solid, unspectacular poker, and that's just the way I like it. Of course, I don't always get that chance. The style of your opponents largely dictates the style of play which will be effective for you, and sometimes, solid play is not much of an option. That sounds odd, but it's really true. When the rag trade hits town, you're forced to take more chances. I don't mean that you're ever forced to make stupid choices, but if you're playing against highly volatile players, you have to be more volatile yourself in order to keep up. I prefer playing against players who aren't too volatile. They're easier to read, and they're more susceptible to being bluffed. I guess you could say I like playing against players who play like me, only not as well :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 89 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 10 times while in big blind (60%)
 - 10 out of 13 times while in small blind (76%)
 - 34 out of 66 times in other positions (51%)
 - a total of 50 out of 89 (56%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 11 (45%)
 Pots won without showdown - 13

delta: $37,638
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,446,392
balance: $7,803,345

No comments:

Post a Comment