Friday, January 17, 2014

A feel game

Even though poker requires a thorough understanding of odds and probability, it's also undeniably a feel game. Sometimes, you feel the rhythm of the cards. Sometimes, the cards call to you. I love it when they do :-) Last night, the cards called to me on hand 25. I was dealt 6s 5s, and the flop came 8s As 9h. I didn't know if my flush was coming on the turn or the river; I only knew it was coming. It came on the river, as it turned out. How did I know? I can't explain, because I don't know myself. If I were able to explain, it wouldn't be a feel thing, and it is a feel thing. I'd much rather be able to hear the call of cards, though I can't explain how I hear it, than not to hear the call at all.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 26 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 4 times while in big blind (75%)
 - 1 out of 4 times while in small blind (25%)
 - 8 out of 18 times in other positions (44%)
 - a total of 12 out of 26 (46%)
 Pots won at showdown - 1 of 4 (25%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $29,259
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,205,105
balance: $7,562,058

No comments:

Post a Comment