Thursday, January 16, 2014

My favorite type of hand

Another swallow has returned to Capistrano; I'm reusing a blog post title again. If you've been a faithful reader of this blog, you already know what my favorite type of hand is, but for you faithless ones, I'll reiterate. My favorite type of hand is a flush. That might not seem to make a whole lot of sense. In fact, it might not make a whole lot of sense. Most players would probably pick a full house as their favorite. Four of a kinds and straight flushes are just too rare to really be in the running for a favorite type of hand. Full houses happen much more often, and win the vast majority of the time. However, from the beginning, I've always loved flushes. There's something so perfect about them! They're the most orderly of the not-astronomically-rare hands. From an orderliness perspective, four of a kinds are ugly - that fifth card sticks out like a sore thumb. Full houses are orderliness-impaired also - the three of a kind and the pair are forever out of balance. Flushes, however, couldn't get much more orderly. That's what makes them so beautiful to me, and why I prize them so much.

Last night, on hand 55, I won a pot worth $90,673 with a king high flush. I hit it on the turn - my favorite flush street. I called it a night the very next hand.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 56 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 7 times while in big blind (85%)
 - 4 out of 7 times while in small blind (57%)
 - 23 out of 42 times in other positions (54%)
 - a total of 33 out of 56 (58%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 7 (57%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $40,673
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,175,846
balance: $7,532,799

No comments:

Post a Comment