Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A week by the lake

I measure poker time in sessions, not days. A week in poker time is seven sessions, however spread out they are in real time. When I started playing online poker, I was almost as likely not to play each night as I was likely to. That's a rather confusing way of saying I played about every other night. Nowadays, I'm much more likely to play than not. Where am I going with this? Merely to observe that over the course of time, poker time for me has approached nearer and nearer to real time. A poker week in the early days might have taken a fortnight, whereas now it rarely takes longer than 8 or 9 days.

I've come up with a gold standard for a successful poker week. If I can win a quarter of a million play dollars in seven sessions, I know I'm really on my game. I call such a week "a week by the lake". I came up with the phrase by morphing the title of a book by H.E. Bates, changing the time period from a month to a week. However long you stay by a lake, it's damned relaxing :-)

Friday night marked my latest week by the lake.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 108 hands and saw flop:
 - 9 out of 16 times while in big blind (56%)
 - 8 out of 15 times while in small blind (53%)
 - 46 out of 77 times in other positions (59%)
 - a total of 63 out of 108 (58%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 14 (57%)
 Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $30,407
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,051,625
balance: $7,408,578

No comments:

Post a Comment