Friday, March 11, 2022

Triple whammy

I've been playing well of late, and getting my confidence back. Last night, I bubbled the final table; unfortunately, it was another case of being at the wrong table at the right time. As I mentioned several posts ago, when there are seven players remaining in a 6-max tournament, PokerStars will move players around if necessary, to ensure that four players are at one table and three at another. Unfortunately, that's the extent of their egalitarianism. They won't ensure that the two biggest stacks are at different tables, nor will they move players around once the final two tables are set. This means that if you have a short stack and are seated at the table with only three players, you're in for a world of hurt. That was the position I was in last night. Not only that, the other two players at my table had the biggest stacks of any of the remaining players. I fought valiantly, but there was little I could do to stem the carnage.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000  26000       6      69   18     7   624000

delta: $424,000
MTT NLHE balance: $42,478,968
2022 balance: $-1,743,300
blue distance: $1,760,500
balance: $93,100,653

No comments:

Post a Comment