Sunday, March 13, 2022

Double tabling drawback

As intended, I double tabled again last night. I played well, but missed the money in both tournaments. Along the way, I discovered a distinct drawback to double tabling - it's much harder to know when a tournament is on the bubble. At least, it is for me, due to the lack of screen real estate on my laptop. When I'm single tabling, I have two non-overlapping windows visible at all times - the window showing the table at which I'm seated, and the window showing the tournament lobby. When I'm double tabling, there are four windows which I need to look at, but I only have enough screen real estate for two of them at a time. I arrange them so that the table windows don't overlap, and the lobby windows don't overlap, but to achieve this I essentially place the lobby windows in the same spots as the table windows. Since the table windows are thrust to the foreground whenever the action is on me, the lobby windows are constantly getting hidden and if I want to look at them I need to bring them to the foreground manually. When the $200,000 tournament I was playing was on the bubble, I didn't realize it, and went all in with ace rag when I was severely short stacked. Had I known the tournament was on the bubble, I would have folded. On the other hand, had I not been double tabling, I might not have gotten as far as I did to begin with. So I'm not second-guessing myself. Double tabling is more fun than single tabling, so I'm going to keep doing it :-)

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000  26000       6      80   21    22        0
MTT   NLHE    45000   5000       6      81   21    31        0

delta: $-250,000
MTT NLHE balance: $42,329,368
2022 balance: $-1,892,900
blue distance: $1,910,100
balance: $92,951,053

No comments:

Post a Comment