Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Bankroll Builder Hell

On Monday night, the PokerStars client displayed a drastically different menu of tournament offerings from the usual. Gone were the midnight trains. Gone were the 6max tournaments. Gone were any tournaments with a name familiar to me from years of playing on the site. Instead, nearly every tournament was advertised as a "Bankroll Builder", something I'd never seen before. If I wanted to play a tournament, I had no choice but to join one of the bankroll builders, so I gritted my teeth and did so. It was a 9max tournament, which I've sworn off. Moreover, although it didn't call itself a rebuy tournament, it allowed unlimited re-entries during the late registration period, which amounts to the same thing. I've also sworn off rebuys. Therefore, just for the privilege of playing, I'd been forced to abandon my principles. I was in Bankroll Builder Hell! My only hope is that PokerStars gets so many complaints about this change that they'll be forced to return things to the way they used to be. I'm one unhappy camper. Even though I made the money, and even though for some reason the buy in got waived, I want my no rebuy 6max tournaments back, and I want them now.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    44000   6000       9     283   72    30   130000

delta: $130,000
MTT NLHE balance: $44,449,268
2022 balance: $227,000
blue distance: $0
balance: $95,070,953

No comments:

Post a Comment