Sunday, March 6, 2022

Crybaby

In this blog, I largely avoid "poor me" storylines. Sometimes, however, I allow myself to be a bit of a crybaby. This is one of those times. I have a bone to pick with the way PokerStars handles the situation where a 6-max tournament is on the bubble of the final table. By definition, this means that there are seven players left in the tournament. Also by definition, this means that there will be two tables left; three players must be seated at one of them, and the other four players must be seated at the other. It's a distinct advantage to be seated at the table with four players, since an orbit takes four hands, whereas an orbit at the other table will only take three. That in turn means that the players at the table with three players must pay out more in blinds than the players at the table with four players. That's inherently unfair, and the software should shuffle the players around so everyone gets to sit at the table with four players for some portion of time. However, in my experience, that doesn't happen. The software locks the players in at their tables until one of them is eliminated. Last night, I made it to the final table bubble, but was at the table with only three players. I got no relief, but managed to hold on for a decent amount of time before finishing in seventh place. Poor me :-)

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000  26000       6      72   18     7   651000

delta: $451,000
MTT NLHE balance: $41,670,968
2022 balance: $-2,551,300
blue distance: $2,568,500
balance: $92,292,653

No comments:

Post a Comment