Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The whites of its eyes

“Don’t fire till you see the whites of their eyes!” is one of the most famous quotations to come out of the Revolutionary War. According to hallowed American tradition, the provincial commander at the Battle of Bunker Hill bellowed those words to his soldiers, warning them to preserve their gunpowder until their muskets could do the most damage to the British regulars.

https://allthingsliberty.com/2020/06/who-said-dont-fire-till-you-see-the-whites-of-their-eyes/

Last night, I played another guarantee (my shorthand for a tournament with a guaranteed prize pool). I didn't fire at it until I saw the whites of its eyes :-) I joined when there was only one minute left in the late registration period. I lasted long enough to have an excellent shot at making the money, but my stack went on life support on a hand where I was ahead after the turn but lost to a rivered flush. I hit the rail shortly after, four spots away from the money. Even though enough players joined to cover the $75,000,000 guarantee, there was no entry fee. I still don't have proof that entry fees come into play in guarantees in certain circumstances, but can't believe they wouldn't. I'll keep my eyes open. What I do know for sure is that they're a lot of fun to play :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   500000     0       9     152   27    31        0

delta: $-500,000
MTT NLHE balance: $41,663,268
2022 balance: $-1,261,000
blue distance: $1,278,200
balance: $93,582,953

No comments:

Post a Comment