Sunday, January 9, 2022

The mysterious disappearing tournament

I've written before about the mysterious disappearing opponent. In this post, I want to discuss a related phenomenon - the mysterious disappearing tournament. My habitual procedure when a tournament is over (over for me, that is) is to take a screenshot of the tournament lobby. At this point, the lobby will be displaying all of the data that I keep track of in my poker database, including poker style, poker flavor, buy in, entry fee, number of entries, number of paid places, my finishing place, and my winnings (if any). I rely on these screenshots. On Friday night, after the tournament was over for me, I closed the main window of the PokerStars client by mistake. That closed all of its child windows, including the tournament lobby window. No problem, I thought; I'll just start up the PokerStars client again, find the tournament in the list of tournaments in the main window, bring up its lobby, and take my screenshot. The trouble was, I couldn't find the tournament; it had somehow disappeared. I remember that it was an MTT NLHE with a $100,000 buy in, and that I didn't make the money, but don't remember the other data. Be that as it may, I've now had seven losing sessions to start this poker year. That's a serious losing streak. I need to stop the bitch :-)

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    87000  13000       6       ?    ?     ?        0

delta: $-100,000
MTT NLHE balance: $41,063,268
2022 balance: $-3,111,000
blue distance: $3,128,200
balance: $91,732,953

No comments:

Post a Comment