Sunday, January 2, 2022

Shot from guns

On the strength of making the money in a 9max bounty tournament on New Year's Eve, I decided to play another last night. I made the money, but it was funny funny money - I actually ended up taking a small loss, since the payouts on the lower rungs of the pay ladder didn't cover the buy in plus the entry fee. I've decided to play 9max bounties frequently, for a change of pace, even though I swore I wouldn't play them again. They're actually quite fun to play, and really reward patience. I've decided to make it a habit to wait to join such a tournament until its late registration period is almost up, to take advantage of the fact that the longer I wait, the more dead money there will be in the prize pool.

On the very first hand of last night's tournament, I got a premium holding, shoved, knocked out an opponent, received a bounty, and doubled up. I'd been dealt a big slick, and was happy to go all in with it. One of the really refreshing things about playing 9max is that the blinds come around less frequently; I could get used to that :-)

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT-B NLHE   220000  30000       9     471  89     78   239000

delta: $-11,000
MTT with bounties NLHE balance: $-4,157,820
2022 balance: $-11,000
blue distance: $28,200
balance: $94,832,953

No comments:

Post a Comment