Friday, July 11, 2014

Bound and yearning to be free

I owe a debt of gratitude to Professor Warren D. Goldfarb. Some thirty odd years ago, I took his course on symbolic logic at Harvard. His love of logic was infectious. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be a software engineer today had I not taken that course. Professor Goldfarb made logic fun, and injected his sense of humor into the lectures. One of his punning phrases which has stuck with me all these years is "bound and yearning to be free". He was referring to bound variables, and ascribing human emotions to them. In my short limit 7 card stud career, I've discovered that I feel bound by the limit, and am yearning to be free :-) I guess I'm not as patient as I thought I was. When you've played no limit poker as long as I have, and suddenly switch to limit, you miss being able to turn the dial to 11. Tonight, I'm going to see if I can't find a no limit 7 card stud table.

During current Stud session you were dealt 103 hands and:
- saw fourth street 83 times (80%)
- saw fifth street 73 times (70%)
- saw sixth street 58 times (56%)
- reached showdown 32 times (31%)
 Pots won at showdown - 11 of 32 (34%)
 Pots won without showdown - 11

delta: $-40,000
cash game 7 card stud balance: $-11,470
balance: $10,074,264

No comments:

Post a Comment