Thursday, January 6, 2011

The view from the aerie

Last night, I played quite well; unfortunately, I played too long. I could have had a nice $20K increase to my stack if I'd just been willing to call it a night at hand 22; hand 65 did me in. I was dealt a big slick, really thought it would pay off, and paid out $19K in chips before finally throwing in the towel. That one badly played hand stuck out like a sore thumb when I looked at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of the night. I call that "the view from the aerie"; you can see your whole session in miniature.

I have some pretty amazing stats now to back up my "long is wrong" philosophy on session length:

In the 21 sessions of 50 hands or more since I started keeping the session length statistic, I've lost 15, or 72%.

In the 21 sessions of 30 hands or less since I started keeping the session length statistic, I've won 15, or 72%.

Last night's stats:

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 92 hands and saw flop:
- 13 out of 16 times while in big blind (81%)
- 11 out of 14 times while in small blind (78%)
- 39 out of 62 times in other positions (62%)
- a total of 63 out of 92 (68%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 17 (47%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $-16,528
balance: $838,703

No comments:

Post a Comment