Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rolling in the deep

The subject of this post comes from the title of a song I love, by the British singer Adele. My great musical educator, as I've mentioned before, is the independent station WXRV, also known as The River. I listen to it in the car, and download the songs I really like from iTunes. I listen to them while I play poker. An earlier Adele song, "Chasing Pavements", inspired an earlier blog post. "Rolling In the Deep" isn't as implicitly applicable to poker as "Chasing Pavements"; however, its mysteriousness evokes the mysteriousness of poker marvelously well. When there's a huge pot, the action is on you, and you're not sure if you have the best hand, you are truly "rolling in the deep" as you try to decide what to do. There's no better feeling than having the guts to make the call, then winning that type of monster pot.

Funnily enough, the only mental activities I've found which I enjoy listening to music while engaged in are poker and chess.

Last night, I lucked out early on to get a lift, then had a couple more lifts after that. These enabled me to do another odd crossing! I now have less than $100K to go to hit the play million mark again.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 34 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
- 3 out of 7 times while in small blind (42%)
- 16 out of 21 times in other positions (76%)
- a total of 24 out of 34 (70%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 5 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $21,982
balance: $902,846

No comments:

Post a Comment