Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why pot limit is the hold'em style for me

I recently came across an article Daniel Negreanu wrote for Card Player magazine in 2002: here's the link:

http://www.cardplayer.com/cardplayer-magazines/32-15-10/articles/12550-should-pot-limit-or-no-limit-hold-39-em-crown-our-world-champion

Even though my no limit hold'em experience is extremely limited (no pun intended), I completely agree with Daniel. As he says, you definitely get to see more flops in pot limit, therefore you have to make more decisions, therefore your skill level has to be higher.

Tonight, I won a hand I likely couldn't have won at a no limit table. I was dealt an ace four offsuit, and both the turn and river were fours. Since nobody had bet really big up to that point, I was able to hang in there and then bet big on the river myself; I raised a bet of $150 to $300 (which the original bettor called). I won a side pot and the main pot, for a total of $1,380. In a no limit game, I probably would have been forced to fold before the river (if not before the turn).

delta: $1,055
balance: $282,903

No comments:

Post a Comment