Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The hand I now love to love

I wish to amend a sentiment I've often stated before in this blog. I'm upgrading my relationship with the "hidden two pair" hand from love/hate to unadulterated love! Even though I know it can't always win, its stealth factor is so awesome I can't see many circumstances where I won't take it all the way to showdown. Also, "stealth two pair" is a better moniker, so that's what I'll use from now on.

Tonight's session was another short, sweet one. On about my fifth hand, I was dealt queen five offsuit, and the flop came Q 5 3. I steadily built up the pot, the board didn't pair, and there was only one overcard (a king). I doubted anyone had a two pair with kings, and was right. I raked in $3,210 from two side pots and a main pot.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again -- when you're winning, this game seems ridiculously easy. That's the way I like it!

delta: $1,940
balance: $281,848

No comments:

Post a Comment