Sunday, April 3, 2022

Enumerating my unhappiness

There are several reasons why I dislike the tournaments I'm now essentially being forced to play, if I want to play tournament poker on PokerStars at all. Let me enumerate them:

1. the buy ins are too low, which translates to the bottom rungs of the pay ladder not being juicy enough

2. the maximum table size is 8, whereas 6 is what I prefer

3. unlimited re-entries are available during the late registration period, which means superdonks will eventually get wind of this and will then pollute these tournaments with their asinine play (this hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will)

4. these tournaments require a higher percentile to make the money; all four of the ones I've played so far have required a percentile above 80, whereas the midnight trains I loved so much (and fear are gone forever) typically required percentiles ranging from 72 to 75

I'll probably have to give Bankroll Builder tournaments another try at some point, but I'm not ready to do that yet.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    44000   6000       8     552   95   111        0

delta: $-50,000
MTT NLHE balance: $44,328,968
2022 balance: $106,700
blue distance: $150,000
balance: $94,950,653

No comments:

Post a Comment