Saturday, February 20, 2021

The one that got away

I don't remember exactly when it happened, but sometime in the last six months the PokerStars client lowered the time allowed for each poker decision. That's a good thing in general, since it speeds up play. I make my decisions quite quickly, so I haven't been adversely affected. Except for the rare occasions when I have :-) Last night's session included one of them. I was dealt the ace and jack of clubs, and was just about to pay to see the flop when my time ran out and my hand was auto-folded. Why did my time run out? Since I was indulging in my habit of surfing while playing online poker, and stayed away from my table a little bit too long. Had I been on time to call, I would have won the hand, which would have given me a better chance to make the money. Live and learn.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000  26000       6      98   24    28        0

delta: $-200,000
MTT NLHE balance: $26,732,768
2021 balance: $3,411,000
blue distance: $261,000
balance: $81,076,453

No comments:

Post a Comment