Sunday, August 4, 2019

An allowable add on

Last night, I found myself in the strange position of breaking a rule I thought I'd never break. I'd sworn I'd never add on again, and yet I did. Why? The best way to explain it is that when I made the rule, I hadn't bothered to run through all the possible scenarios which might be exceptions to it. Last night, just such a scenario arose in actual play. From long experience, I know that to have a decent chance of making the money, you need to have at least two bullets worth of chips at the end of the late registration period. At the buy in I play, that translates to 3,000 chips. You may have at most 1,500 chips in order to rebuy. Near the end of the late registration period last night, I had 1,600 chips, so rebuying was not an option. However, adding on is always a one-time option. I added on for 2,000 more chips, bringing my total to 3,600. Even though I didn't make the money, I feel adding on was the right thing to do in this situation, and I'll do it again if the situation arises again.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    36      60   12    27        0


delta: $-150,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $49,584,000
2019 balance: $16,106,150
balance: $62,690,410

No comments:

Post a Comment