Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fish and chips

I've now played 9 no limit hold'em MTTs with fields of 900 players or more, and have made the money in 4 of those, including last night's. I've played 16 no limit hold'em MTTs with fields of less than 900 players, and have made the money in only 4 of those. Although the sample size is too small to draw any conclusions, my gut feeling is that the more players that enter an MTT, the better are my chances of making the money. Thinking about why this should be, I think the answer is that the more players that enter, the greater the odds that I'll encounter fish along the way. You need to encounter fish in order to do well. That's the dirty little secret of poker, which I've mentioned before. Fish, and chips, are the lifeblood of poker :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands place winnings

MTT   NLHE      900   100       6    69   163     2010


delta: $1,010
MTT NLHE balance: $-30,520
balance: $7,418,524

No comments:

Post a Comment