Saturday, August 29, 2015

A consolation stat

I have a bunch of poker stats which can tell me how good I was. I've just invented one which can tell me how good I almost was :-) I call it the missed the money percentile. It tells you where you stood in the ranks of also-rans in an MTT. I played two huge field MTTs last night. I didn't make the money in either one, but came very close. In the first one, I fell into the 95th missed the money percentile; that is, I placed higher than 95% of the other players who missed the money. In the second one, I fell into the 98th missed the money percentile.

It may sound strange, but I don't really care if my overall balance ever hits a new high again. I'm having too much fun playing MTTs to even think about that :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands place winnings

MTT   NLHE      900   100       9    45   316        0
MTT   NLHE      900   100       9    48   291        0


delta: $-2,000
MTT NLHE balance: $-31,530
balance: $7,417,514

No comments:

Post a Comment