Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Another stop-time failure

Last night, I played my first MTTs in over two weeks. I find I really enjoy them. They're a mellower tournament experience than sit and gos, since the buy ins are generally much lower. I love the feeling of outlasting so many other players (which doesn't always happen, of course). Unfortunately, I had another stop-time failure in the second MTT I played. As a refresher, stop-time in poker is when a tournament reaches the money bubble. In this case, 42 players would be paid, and there were 43 players left. I was one of the two shortest stacks. I'd already been folding with regularity for some time when my final hand came up. I'd been dealt A8o (ace eight offsuit), and figured it was good enough to shove with. Unfortunately, my one caller had been dealt a big slick, and it held up. If I'd simply folded, I might have been able to make the money. My problem was that I was sick of folding :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands place winnings

MTT   8-Game   4500   500       6    72    31        0
MTT   NLHE     4500   500       6    53    43        0


delta: $-10,000
MTT NLHE balance: $-26,772
balance: $7,432,272

No comments:

Post a Comment