Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My kingdom may be HORSE

It's funny how you can play poker for years and years and somehow never get around to playing certain flavors. Last night, after busting out of an MTT 8-game pretty early on, I played HORSE for the very first time. Of course, none of the five games in HORSE are new to me; what's new is playing that particular combination of games in rotation. HORSE is 8-game minus 3 games; the games in 8-game which don't appear in HORSE are deuce, no limit hold'em, and pot limit Omaha. If I switch allegiances from 8-game to HORSE, I certainly won't miss pot limit Omaha, and won't miss deuce very much; however, I'll sorely miss no limit hold'em.

It turns out PokerStars has both sit and gos and MTTs for HORSE, just like it does for 8-game. Last night, I played a sit and go HORSE. Interestingly, HORSE tournaments seat 8 players, not 6. It's likely the absence of deuce which allows this.

How did I do? I came out on top, baby :-) I have a hunch HORSE may be my new kingdom.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

  4500       500           6        46    52        0
   900       100           6       147     1     3600


delta: $-2,400
Sit and go HORSE balance: $2,600
balance: $9,389,640

No comments:

Post a Comment