Thursday, April 30, 2015

Golden no more

My oldest poker indicator, which I call the golden ratio, is also my most tried-and-true indicator. It's very simple to state: if you can manage to win at least twice as many cash game sessions as you lose, your cash game balance cannot fail to grow. Over three and a half years ago, I achieved the golden ratio in cash game no limit hold'em, and thought I'd never relinquish it. Since I returned to cash games from tournaments, however, I've run badly enough to dip my cash game no limit hold'em ratio below the golden mark. This actually happened on Tuesday night. I lost last night's session as well, with a hefty bad beat distance of $92,563 on the final hand of the night. Without those two huge bad beats, I'd still be golden. I have no doubt I'll get back on the right side of the mark before too long.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 118 hands and saw flop:
 - 15 out of 18 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 15 out of 18 times while in small blind (83%)
 - 41 out of 82 times in other positions (50%)
 - a total of 71 out of 118 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 10 of 17 (58%)
 Pots won without showdown - 9

delta: $-50,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,412,980
balance: $9,160,139

No comments:

Post a Comment