Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Adjusting to the table count

I love coming up with new ways of analyzing my poker data. One thing I'm going to take a look at soon is how my seeing the flop percentage varies by table count. It's clear that the less players there are at a table, the more often you should pay to see the flop. When you're heads up, you should essentially pay to see every flop. When you're three handed, you should pay to see a very high percentage of flops - perhaps as high as 90%. When you're nine handed, you should pay to see a much smaller percentage of flops - perhaps as low as 20%. A lot depends on how aggressively your opponents are playing.

Last night, the table count had a lot of variance. It started out high, and my seeing the flop percentage accordingly started out low. Midway through the session, the number of players kept dropping until it hit three, and I started paying to see a lot more flops. Late in the session, the table count got back up to the maximum of nine again. I think I did a pretty good job of adjusting to the table count.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 73 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 9 times while in big blind (77%)
 - 9 out of 13 times while in small blind (69%)
 - 26 out of 51 times in other positions (50%)
 - a total of 42 out of 73 (57%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 8 (37%)
 Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $12,519
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,646,897
balance: $9,394,056

No comments:

Post a Comment