Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Shipwreck

Last night, I had a shipwreck. That might sound like a bad thing, but it honestly wasn't. I ran into a hand I just couldn't lay down. I ended up with a full house, which came in last of the three hands which went to showdown. I was dealt 5d Kd. The community cards were 5h 2d 2c Jc 2s. My hand was a full house of deuces full of fives; it lost to four of a kind, deuces. The other losing hand was a full house of deuces full of queens. I hit the felt on this hand. I did much better after reupping, and won back slightly over half the chips I'd lost.

Why did I call this hand a shipwreck? Since I love to pun :-) My hand which lost was a full house, which is also called a boat. The boat went down, resulting in a shipwreck. I played the hand the way I wanted to, and have no regrets.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 141 hands and saw flop:
 - 29 out of 34 times while in big blind (85%)
 - 21 out of 32 times while in small blind (65%)
 - 44 out of 75 times in other positions (58%)
 - a total of 94 out of 141 (66%)
 Pots won at showdown - 15 of 20 (75%)
 Pots won without showdown - 18

delta: $-19,627
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $3,979,694
balance: $6,429,102

No comments:

Post a Comment