Thursday, August 2, 2012

Not slick enough

Last night, I hit the felt twice. Interestingly, I had the same holding both times - the ace and king of diamonds. You could say that on each occasion, my big slick just wasn't slick enough :-) On hand 24, the board was Qc Jh Jc 7d 4c, and the hand was won by an opponent holding Qs Ah. On hand 39. the board was 7h 4d 2s 2d 4c, and the hand was won by an opponent holding Jc Jd. Afterwards, I calculated my preflop odds of winning those hands, and wasn't too surprised to see they were essentially the same. On hand 24, I was a 45.76% dog, and on hand 39, I was a 45.56% dog. After reupping for the second time, I had better luck, and entertained hopes of getting back into the black; alas, it wasn't to be.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 130 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 15 times while in big blind (46%)
 - 9 out of 16 times while in small blind (56%)
 - 42 out of 99 times in other positions (42%)
 - a total of 58 out of 130 (44%)
 Pots won at showdown - 10 of 18 (55%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $-18,077
balance: $4,479,530

1 comment:

  1. One of the things that turned me off to No Limit Hold-em, especially with loose Internet players, is that it regularly got into a coin flipping contest at the flop with big slick going up against a medium pair.

    ReplyDelete