Saturday, August 4, 2012

252 not out

I don't understand much about cricket, but despite that, I can tune in to the inherent drama of the game whenever I watch it on television. I can remember watching a player some 25 odd years ago achieve a century (100 runs) in a gallant losing effort. It was riveting. One of the phrases I remember the commentators using which has stuck in my mind all these years later is "not out". It was preceded by the number of runs the player had made to that point. So on the way to his century, the player was "58 not out", "63 not out", etc.

Last night, in a gallant losing effort at the poker table, I was "252 not out". In other words, I played 252 hands without hitting the felt. I finally quit, not because I had no more chips, but because it was very late at night (or more precisely, very early in the morning). Along the way, I amassed my largest number of won pots ever in a single session - 51.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 252 hands and saw flop:
 - 37 out of 47 times while in big blind (78%)
 - 34 out of 50 times while in small blind (68%)
 - 86 out of 155 times in other positions (55%)
 - a total of 157 out of 252 (62%)
 Pots won at showdown - 19 of 43 (44%)
 Pots won without showdown - 32

delta: $-15,576
balance: $4,423,954


No comments:

Post a Comment