Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Heads up marathon

Last night, I had another personal first. I played in a tournament which didn't have enough players to fill up a single table, but had just enough not to be cancelled for lack of players. That magic number appears to be four. In this situation, PokerStars ends the late registration period early and puts the lights up over the table, making it a final table. To me, that's a bug; if they're not going to cancel the tournament, they should let the late registration period run its full course. Be that as it may, two players soon hit the rail, meaning that I'd made the money. At the start of heads up play, my opponent had roughly three times as many chips as I did. After a lot of grinding, I managed to take the chip lead briefly. My undoing was a hand where I had two pair and my opponent had a set of jacks. That restored his 3-to-1 chip advantage, and I couldn't grind my way out of that hole a second time. It was a heads up marathon which lasted over a hundred hands. I really enjoy heads up, but hardly ever get the opportunity, playing tournaments as I do.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    87000  13000       6       4    2     2   125000

delta: $25,000
MTT NLHE balance: $40,718,968
2022 balance: $-3,503,300
blue distance: $3,520,500
balance: $91,340,653

No comments:

Post a Comment