Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Jilted by an old girlfriend

The hand I have the most intense love/hate relationship with is the stealth two pair. That's when you're dealt a non-pair and then pair both your hole cards on the flop. It's hard not to fall in love with a hand like that, but your heart can easily get broken. When you have a stealth two pair and lose, it feels like being jilted by an old girlfriend. On the final hand of last night's tournament, I got jilted once again. I was dealt Q6o (queen six offsuit), and the flop had a queen and a six; I don't remember what the third card was, only that it was less than a queen and wasn't a six. All my chips went into the middle. When my opponent turned over KQo (king queen offsuit), I knew I was a healthy favorite.  As fate would have it, though, the turn and river were both kings, giving my opponent a boat, and me the boot.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000  26000       6      75   21    30        0

delta: $-200,000
MTT NLHE balance: $42,513,268
2021 balance: $16,691,500
blue distance: $504,200
balance: $94,356,953

No comments:

Post a Comment