Thursday, January 28, 2021

Two significant disadvantages

Last night, I ran hot, made the money, and narrowly missed making the final table. I have nothing to complain about. Am I going to complain anyway? Yes :-) When the field was whittled down to seven players, I was in fourth place. So far, so good. However, I had two significant disadvantages:

1. the players in first and second were at my table

2. nobody else was

In a 6max tournament, when there are seven players left, there's nothing for it but to put four of them at one table and three at another. It's bad to be at the table with three players, since you get dinged by the blinds more often. It's worse to be at the table with three players up against the two biggest stacks, since they can play more loosely than you can. For both of these reasons, it would be fairest to have the tables periodically reshuffled, to spread the disadvantages around. Did that happen? No. Do I wish it had? Fervently.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000  26000       6      67   18     7   606000

delta: $406,000
MTT NLHE balance: $23,485,768
2021 balance: $164,000
blue distance: $1,351,900
balance: $77,829,453

No comments:

Post a Comment