Tuesday, September 15, 2020

The set that wasn't

The most memorable hand of last night's session was one I didn't play. As I've mentioned before, when I play online poker, I don't give it my undivided attention. I'm often web surfing. This habit generally allows me to make better poker decisions, strangely enough, but it also puts me in danger of being automatically sat out, which will happen if my clock runs out before I act. On the hand in question, I was surfing when the hand was dealt. When I got around to looking at my hand, I only had a couple of seconds to act. I saw that I had pocket fives and was about to click the call button when my time ran out. Another five showed up in the flop, which would have given me a set had I still been in the hand. That set would have won the pot, which went instead to a player who only had a measly pair. That pot would have given me a better shot at making the money. I'll pay better attention tonight.

style flavor buy_in entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000 26000       6      87   21    32        0

delta: $-200,000
MTT NLHE balance: $22,579,668
2020 balance: $15,357,343
balance: $77,165,353

No comments:

Post a Comment