Friday, April 3, 2020

Saved by Broadway

This is the fourth time I've used this blog post title. The third was on December 22, 2019. Here's an excerpt of what I had to say:

It's amazing how far you can go in poker when all hope seems to be lost. Perfectly timed luck can turn your fortunes around completely. That's what happened to me on Friday night. I was short-stacked, and had to go all in on a Broadway draw (a Broadway is an ace high straight). If I didn't hit it, I was out. Mirabile dictu, I hit in on the river, and was back in business!

That paragraph applies almost perfectly to last night's session as well; the only incorrect information is the day of the week it was played. The river card was a ten, meaning that I only had the same odds as a gutshot draw to win the hand. It never gets old to be saved by Broadway :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6     160   42    15   144000


delta: $94,000
MTT NLHE balance: $8,705,668
2020 balance: $1,683,343
balance: $63,491,353

No comments:

Post a Comment