Saturday, December 14, 2019

The one that got away

Last night, I failed to outlast the late registration period in either of the tournaments I entered. In both, at the time I hit the rail, there were only 10 paying places. Whenever the number of paying places at the time you hit the rail is greater than 9 but not divisible by 3, you know you had an early exit. The most memorable hand of the night was one I folded preflop. I'd been dealt pocket tens, but faced a decision for my tournament life when a loose player bet big enough to put me all in if I called. I did the prudent thing by folding. With hindsight though, I wish I'd called :-) Several hands later the same loose player bet big again when I had a suited ace. Action folded around to me, and there was no one else to act behind me. I called, and shortly hit the rail. I forget what the loose player had, but it doesn't really matter. I made the right play based on his playing style, even though it didn't pan out.

style flavor buy_in entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000 26000       6      38   10     -        0
MTT   NLHE   174000 26000       6      37   10     -        0


delta: $-250,000
MTT NLHE balance: $5,261,668
2019 balance: $13,917,750
balance: $60,452,010

No comments:

Post a Comment