Sunday, December 22, 2019

Saved by Broadway

It's amazing how far you can go in poker when all hope seems to be lost. Perfectly timed luck can turn your fortunes around completely. That's what happened to me on Friday night. I was short-stacked, and had to go all in on a Broadway draw (a Broadway is an ace high straight). If I didn't hit it, I was out. Mirabile dictu, I hit in on the river, and was back in business! I rode that luck all the way to a fourth place finish. That extended my streak of under the lights finishes to 4. Even though I was doing my best to win the tournament, I'm kind of glad I came in fourth. Why? For the simple reason that it was my third straight fourth place finish, a freakishly rare occurrence for MTTs. My probability radar tells me this is probably the rarest sequence of events of my poker career, and will almost certainly never be repeated. An outlier of outliers, if you will :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    87000 13000       6      82   21     4   556000


delta: $456,000
MTT NLHE balance: $6,481,668
2019 balance: $15,137,750
balance: $61,672,010

No comments:

Post a Comment