Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Bad beat memory

Bad beats are easy to remember, when you're on the losing end. They're not as easy to remember when you're on the winning end, though. The reason? Poker ego. The more good luck figures in your success, the less credit you can take for it. If you want to take as much credit for your success as you can, you need to force good luck into as minor role as possible. What follows naturally from this is that you end up conveniently forgetting about some of the good luck that comes your way. I'm proud to say that the most memorable hand of last night's session was one where I was on the winning end of a bad beat. I was dealt pocket queens, but an opponent hit a stealth two pair on the turn. I spiked a queen on the river, meaning I hit a two outer. I felt suitably sheepish.

style flavor buy_in entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6      97   24    37         0


delta: $-50,000
MTT NLHE balance: $5,195,668
2019 balance: $13,851,750
balance: $60,386,010

No comments:

Post a Comment