Friday, May 10, 2019

The cruelest game

I first used this blog post title last October 2. Here's an excerpt of what I had to say:

Decades ago, I was interested in backgammon, and bought a book called "Backgammon: The Cruelest Game". Its awesome title has stayed with me all these years. I'm here to tell you that there are moments when poker usurps the mantle of cruelest game. I experienced such a moment last night.

Poker was cruel to me again last night. On the final hand, I flopped a flush and was officially drawing dead. I had the king high and one of my opponents had the ace high. This marked just the fifth time I've ever hit the rail in an MTT-R NLHE where I was drawing dead after the flop. Whatcha gonna do?

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    61      71   15    26        0


delta: $-200,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $41,041,000
2019 balance: $7,037,250
balance: $53,621,510

No comments:

Post a Comment