Friday, May 24, 2019

Statistical solace

One of the things I've learned from playing poker is that there's a lot of solace in statistics :-) If you lose a hand,, but were a statistical favorite to win it, you feel better than you would if you'd been a statistical dog. The secret is to play the long game. You're going to lose a bunch of battles, but if you're making the right decisions along the way, you're going to win the war.

I've now missed the money in the last four tournaments I've played. However, my average percentile for those four is really decent; it's nearly on a par with my overall average percentile. That's proof positive that I'm playing well. As long as you can prove to yourself that you're playing well, there's nothing to worry about. The results will eventually come - in spades :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    52      69   15    22        0


delta: $-200,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $46,272,000
2019 balance: $12,268,250
balance: $58,852,510

No comments:

Post a Comment