Friday, May 31, 2019

Rockets on the bubble

When you're on the bubble in a tournament, there are essentially two strategies you can adopt:

1. play super tight, just hoping to make a min cash
2. play boldly, trying to increase your stack so you can potentially win the tournament

There's really no middle ground. Of course, the size of your stack when you reach the bubble will often influence which strategy you adopt. Last night, I took the bold approach. On my final hand of the tournament, I had the short stack at my table and also at the tournament, with less than one big blind in chips. I was dealt pocket rockets, and called all in. Unfortunately, an opponent hit a two outer on the river to send me to the rail. Still, I'd play that hand the same way every time.

In other news, I hit a milestone - it was the 900th MTT-R NLHE of my career.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    71      50   12    13        0


delta: $-100,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $45,601,000
2019 balance: $11,597,250
balance: $58,181,510

No comments:

Post a Comment