Thursday, April 29, 2010

Playing with high rollers

Last night I saw a lot of players come and go at the only table I joined. My stack porpoised up and down, but I never fell into a poker death spiral. Towards the end of the session, several super aggressive players joined. There are pluses and minuses to playing with such players. As long as no one is in a clear-cut bully position (i.e. with a stack disproportionately larger than the other stacks), I think there are more pluses than minuses. The biggest plus is that you can win a lot of chips in a hurry. Aggressive players don't scare off easily, so if you have the nuts, you're basically guaranteed to win a huge pot.

My last hand of the night, I was dealt a pair of kings; I raised pre-flop. I picked up another king on the flop, and kept betting until I went all in on the river. I raked in a pot worth $52,564 (which incidentally got me halfway to my goal again) and called it a night.

delta: $12,564
balance: $502,706

No comments:

Post a Comment