Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Greed

I deviated from both my recently recognized patterns lately. First, in last Thursday's session, I avoided hitting the felt at the first table I joined, but wasn't able to call it a night when I was up about 50K. Second, I played last night without bothering to post what had happened on Thursday. I recognize a new pattern in both broken patterns -- greed. I'm letting the desire for reaching my long-term goal affect my decision-making, which is a sure way to fail. I'm 'fessing up here, in the hopes that I can nip this greed thing in the bud!

One positive from Thursday's session was that after my stack hit a low of 7,500, I battled back to achieve a respectable stack before calling it a night. That part of the session wasn't greed-influenced, at least.

delta: $-9,255
balance: $518,328

No comments:

Post a Comment