Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Last-minute reentry

I've figured something out about the Hot 50K tournaments I'm essentially being forced to play - I should try to pre-register for them whenever possible. It doesn't pay to min cash in them; what I should always be aiming for is the top of their pay tables, even if that means I hit the felt. The earlier I join them, the more time I have to spin up a stack. Unlimited re-entries are available during the late registration period, which means that quite often, I'll have another shot at the brass ring. This leads to an ironic situation - when the late registration period is almost over, and I have a small stack, my best play is to shove, no matter what my holding is. If it's a decent one, and I win, I'll double or triple or quadruple up, depending on how many opponents call. No matter what my holding is, I'll have the opportunity to reenter if I hit the felt. Very often in this scenario, I'll be praying to get called and actually to lose :-) That's the irony. Last night, I hit the felt in the final minute of the late registration period, and reentered forthwith, considering myself lucky indeed.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    44000   6000       8     407   71   101        0

delta: $-100,000
MTT NLHE balance: $43,751,468
2022 balance: $-2,021,070
blue distance: $4,123,060
balance: $92,822,883

No comments:

Post a Comment