Saturday, September 11, 2021

Stone soup

There's a wonderful fable entitled "Stone Soup" about a vagabond who manages to convince the townsfolk he meets that he can make a delicious soup by putting a magic stone in a pot of boiling water. He accomplishes this by tasting the soup at intervals, each time declaring that it's nearly ready but would be all the better if just one more ingredient were added. One by one, each of the townsfolk contribute the newly called-for ingredient, without realizing that their desire to see the magic work is the true magic that's in operation.

Last night, I was waiting to join a tournament that hadn't started yet; I didn't bother to pre-register. When I checked back some time later, I discovered that the tournament had been cancelled due to an insufficient number of entries. I looked for another tournament, found one that hadn't started yet, and pre-registered this time. I was putting my magic stone in the boiling water, hoping it would attract the townsfolk :-) It did, and I was able to get under the lights once more.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    87000  13000       6      85   21     5   502000

delta: $402,000
MTT NLHE balance: $33,118,768
2021 balance: $9,697,000
blue distance: $1,290,000
balance: $87,362,453

No comments:

Post a Comment