Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Heads up marathon

A funny thing happened last night - I made the final table before the late registration period ended. A more accurate way to state this is that the late registration period got cut short due to the lack of entries. When there were more than 20 minutes left in the late registration period, the number of live players reduced from 7 to 6, and the software decided that these players would constitute the final table and no other players would be allowed to join. Five places were paid, so I only needed to fade one player to make the money. I did better than that, making it to heads up play. My opponent had about 18 times as many chips as I had, but I didn't let that faze me. I battled back to parity, and even got a nice chip lead before the axe fell. On the final hand, I was dealt T2o (ten deuce offsuit) and hit trip deuces on the flop. All my chips went into the middle and my opponent turned over 92o (nine deuce offsuit), so I had him dominated. After the turn, I was better than an 80% favorite to win, but the river was a nine, and that was all she wrote.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000  26000       6      14    5     2   609000

delta: $409,000

balance: $87,000,453

No comments:

Post a Comment