Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Paying luck forward

The honorable thing to do when you've been the beneficiary of more than your fair share of luck is to pay it forward. That's what I did in last night's tournament. Early on, I went out on a limb with a ace in my hand, an ace in the flop, and four cards to a flush on the turn. I shoved, and needed to pair my other hole card or hit my flush on the river to survive. I hit my flush. On my final hand, very close to the money and severely short-stacked, I was dealt KJs (king jack suited). I could try to weasel my way into the money by folding every remaining hand, or I could honor the luck I'd received before by not folding. I didn't fold. I missed the money by two spots, but don't regret a thing.

style flavor buy_in entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000 26000       6     104   30    32        0


delta: $-200,000
MTT NLHE balance: $20,687,668
2020 balance: $13,465,343
balance: $75,273,353

No comments:

Post a Comment