Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Back in business (sort of)

On Saturday night, I experienced a violent incident of poker interruptus - my laptop decided to turn off its screen as its first defensive reaction to discovering that it was overheating. My reaction was to turn the whole computer off without delay :-) At the time, I was double-tabling and doing well in both tournaments, so I was bummed out on several counts. On Sunday, I went to Best Buy and got a new laptop, which I'm using to write this post. It's taken me several days to get most of my old programs and tools set up on the new computer, but now I'm almost back in business.

I was shocked and pleased to discover that I actually wound up min cashing, in absentia, one of the two tournaments I'd been playing when the interruption occurred.

One unfortunate consequence of being forced onto a new computer is that PokerStars has made it much harder (if not impossible) for American-based players to get the full-featured version of the PokerStars client software if they don't live in a state where online poker is legal. As far as I can tell, only the play money version is available for such players, and it's severely dumbed down. There's no feature to save the hand histories! That's criminal. Loving my poker data as I do, I'm depressed that I'll be missing so much of it going forward. I tried writing their help desk an email, but they helpfully informed me that they no longer take help queries by email, and even more helpfully suggested I fill out a form on a site which couldn't be found by my browser :-(

style flavor buy_in entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6     104   27    26    70000
MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9      43    9    24        0


delta: $-80,000
MTT NLHE balance: $3,406,668
2019 balance: $12,850,850
balance: $59,385,110

No comments:

Post a Comment