Friday, July 5, 2019

Dead on the turn

The most memorable hand of Wednesday night's session was the final one. I "got there" on the river,  completing a straight, but was actually "not there". In fact, I'd been drawing dead since the turn, which is a rare thing. Three of us went to showdown. The opponent whose flopped flush had me drawing dead on the turn actually lost as well, when the other opponent filled up his boat on the river. In summary, my straight lost to a flush, which lost to a full house. You just don't see that every day :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    38      50   12    24        0


delta: $-100,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $46,198,000
2019 balance: $12,874,250
balance: $59,458,510

1 comment:

  1. Hey Neo,

    I don't mean to criticize your play too harshly, but if there are three to a flush and the board is paired, then you probably don't need to call bets with a straight draw. If it was checked through on the turn, then I can understand your frustration. Otherwise, I think you can let it go.
    Thanks,
    Al

    ReplyDelete