Wednesday, February 28, 2018

I hope I shall arrive soon

I've appropriated the title of a wonderful science fiction short story by Philip K. Dick for the title of this blog post. Here's the plot summary of "I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon", from Wikipedia:

In the story, a man (Victor Kemmings) regains consciousness during a failed attempt at cryosleep on board a spaceship. The ship's artificial intelligence cannot repair the malfunction and cannot wake him, so Kemmings is doomed to remain conscious but paralyzed through the ship's entire ten-year-long journey. To maintain his sanity, the A.I. replays Kemmings's memories to him. But when this goes awry, the ship's A.I. asks Kemmings what he wants most -- and the answer is that Kemming wants the trip to be over and to arrive at his new home. The A.I. constructs such a scenario for Kemming and plays it to him over and over for the next ten years. When the ship finally arrives at its destination, Kemming cannot accept reality and believes his arrival to be yet another construction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Hope_I_Shall_Arrive_Soon

Applying this to my poker slump, I hope I shall arrive soon at a winning session :-) I've now lost six sessions in a row, and they comprise my worst six bagger ever, to the tune of 2 million play dollars lost.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    83      72   15    17        0
MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    48      54   12    20        0


delta: $-400,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $34,721,500
2018 balance: $998,000
balance: $46,511,260

No comments:

Post a Comment