Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Another personal borscht

Last night, I had another personal borscht. To refresh your memory, here's my definition (from the April 30, 2013 post):

There's a third kind of personal poker record that I also enjoy, but it's hard to come up with a name for it. It's neither a personal best nor a personal worst, yet shares features of both. At first I thought I'd call it a bestworst, then a worstbest, but neither of those really fit the bill. I eventually came up with personal borscht. Of course, that's a nonsensical name, but it has the merit that phonetically it reminds one of both best and worst. Also, borscht is a kind of soup, and this new kind of record is like soup in that it combines disparate elements.

This time, the record was for the most hands I've played in a SNG 8-game where I came in third; I beat out the old record by a single hand :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands place winnings

SNG   8-Game  17000  3000       6   159     3        0
SNG   NLHE    85000 15000       6    42     3        0


delta: $-120,000
Sit and go no limit hold'em balance: $2,656,840
balance: $10,913,530

No comments:

Post a Comment